Focus I DC Drive Control
|The Focus Drives Family are currently Discontinued by the Manufacturer, but are still available at Microcon. Call (905) 602-4770 for more information and support.|
1 (1/4 to 2 HP) Enclosed
The Focus series of analog DC controls has proven itself for many years as one of the most reliable, rugged and dependable controls in its class. With over 100,000 units installed worldwide, the number of satisfied customers continues to grow.
We stand behind every Focus 1 with a 2-year warranty. Two models (chassis and enclosed) cover the 1/4 to 2 horsepower range, with 1/4 to 1 HP for 90 VDC armatures and 1/2 to 2 HP for 180 VDC armatures.
* Maximum versatility using jumper programming - one enclosed and one chassis mount controller for a wide variety of applications from 1/4 to 2 horsepower.
* NEMA 1 TENV enclosure or chassis mount - options kit available for converting NEMA 1 enclosure to NEMA 4/12.
* Solid state full wave design using generously rated power semiconductors for maximum reliability and long life.
* Integrated circuitry using state of the art electronics for fast, accurate response.
* Both AC lines fused for maximum semiconductor protection in case of short circuit.
* Massive heat sink provides cooler running temperature inside enclosure for longer component life - located up front for easy cleaning.
* 1 Amp, full wave design field supply.
* Continuous full rated torque over a 30:1 speed range.
* Control relay to prevent restart of drive after interruption of AC power.
* Run LED indicator light.
* Standard internal adjustments - maximum and minimum speed, IR compensation.
* Double pole AC power disconnected switch and start/stop selector switch (enclosed unit only).
* Loose speed pot furnished with chassis control.
* Controlled acceleration for soft starts, 2-3 seconds.
* Speed regulation:±1 % of maximum speed due to Load variations using armature voltage feedback with IR compensation.
* Designed for use with 50 or 60 Hertz AC power.
* Selectable current limit for matching control to motor being used provides smooth acceleration of high inertia loads.
* May be converted to a torque control by changing jumpers - perfect for surface winders.
* Transient voltage protection using Varistor.
* Zener regulated control power supply provides compensation for line voltage fluctuation.
* UL listed and CSA approved.
* Option kits available for easy field installation:
NEMA 4/12 Conversion Kit
Home / Contact Us / Products / Service / Sales /Supported Product / Powertec Support / Serviced Products / Feedback / WERTEC / DC Drives / Focus Drives
Microcon Technologies Inc.
1105 Crestlawn Drive, Unit # D8 & D9
Mississauga, Ontario L4W 1A7 Canada
Tel: (905) 602-4770
Fax: (905) 602-4779