and Control Tension on any Moving Web
The CLEVELAND-KIDDER Type
UCM Electro-Magnetic Controllers offer advanced, state-of -the-art
tension control technology. Features include a signal printed circuit
board design with easily adjustable response circuitry, rapid stop
circuitry, stall condition operation, automatic or manual mode
operation, bumpless switching between modes, adjustable brake/clutch
demagnetization circuitry, and selectable readout of web tension or
controller output current. Available options include tension limit
detection, and taper tension circuitry.
The CLEVELAND-KIDDER Type UCM
Controller, when combined with patented CLEVELAND-KIDDER Tension
Transducers and an electrically activated brake or clutch, provides a
highly responsive, closed-loop control system.
printed circuit board contains a regulated DC power supply to the
transducers and all necessary circuitry to monitor, control, and
compensate the desired tension characteristics in a moving web. Actual
web tension is sensed by the transducers, displayed on a tension meter,
and compared with the desired tension which is set by the process
Because brake or clutch torque is
constantly controlled as a function of actual web tension, the
closed-loop system compensates for changes in roll diameter, machine
speed, and brake or clutch "fade". Compensating circuitry
reduces controller gain at critical frequencies, providing stability,
while permitting high gain and fast response to allow high operating
- Provides transducer excitation.
- Solid state circuitry with terminal
board connection on a single printed circuit card.
- Compatible with all CLEVELAND-KIDDER
- 8:1 full scale tension calibration
- Compensation circuitry for optimizing
response and stability during start-up, operation, stall, or manual to
automatic operation switching.
- Selectable automatic or manual
- Selectable readout of web tension or
controller output current.
- Adjustable negative current bias.
- Accessory output 0-10 VDC for tension
recorder or remote meter.
- Closed-loop tension control helps to
provide consistent product quality.
- High system response using patented,
negligible displacement transducers minimizes scrap loss.
- Industrial quality solid state
circuitry reduces down time.
- Ease and compactness of installation.
- Simple system calibration and